Note: Do it on your own RISK, we are not responsible for any damage happens to your device.
Step 1: Download the required files,
- Download iOS 4.1 firmware and save it on your desktop,
- Download iTunes 10 and install it,
- Download the modified PwnageTool and iOS 4.1 Jailbreaker
Step 5: Now click on "General" to begin the customization,
- Deselect Activate if you have an iPhone legitimately activated on an official carrier.
- Adjust the partition size as you want, or leave it as it's.
Step 7: In this page, you can uncheck both Boot logo and Recovery logo to keep default Apple's logos or click on "Browse" to replace them with another image then hit the blue arrow.
Step 10: Now switch back to PwnageTool and type in your password. You will get a pop-up that will tell you to put your iPhone in Recovery Mode and restore with iTunes.
Step 13: Well done, you have an iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.1 jailbroken and you will find Cydia on your home screen. But you may face this problems:
- If Cydia has a blank icon (no repos) load it go to Manage > Sources > Edit > Add and add http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7
- If Safari web browser is crashing, add http://repo.woowiz.net repo and install Safarifix
To do so, you need to be activated on original SIM or Phonebook card. Follow our guide posted here to unlock iPhone 3GS on any baseband using Ultrasn0w 1.0-1.
Now a lot of people still not happy, but the world will be free very soon by the next jailbreak from pod2g with the help of p0sixninja. Just stay tuned and we will keep you updated.