Steps to Install Game Center on iPhone 3G running iOS 4.1:
Step 1: You must have a jailbroken iPhone 3G. Follow our guide posted here to jailbreak iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 with Redsn0w 0.9.6b1.
Step 2: Download and Extract GameCenter app and save it on your desktop (Mirror1 - Mirror2)
Step 3: Make sure you have Open SHSH on your device:
- Open Cydia. Touch on “Search” tab and then search for “OpenSSH”
- Install OpenSHSH and give your iPhone a reboot
Step 5: Download and install Cyberduck for Mac or WinSCP for Windows, and enter the following details to log in to your iPhone:
- Server: The IP address of your iPhone. Settings –> WiFi –> “Your Network Name”
- Username: root
- Password: alpine
- Protocol: SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
- Hostname: The IP address of your iPhone. Setting –> WiFi –> “Your Network Name”
- User name: root
- Password: alpine
- Protocol: SCP
Step 7: Now right click on GameCenter.app folder and hit Info then set the permission to 755.
Step 8: Navigate to /system/libary/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ directory and take a backup of N82AP.plist file (just save a copy on your desktop)
Step 9: Choose on of the following functions (through folders) you want to activate. It's recommended to choose Game Center only:
- Folder GameCenter – Only activates Game Center
- Folder Multitasking e GameCenter – Activates Game Ceter with Multitasking
- Folder Sfondi e GameCenter – Activates Background with GameCenter
- Folder sfondi, Multitasking e GameCenter – This option Enables Multitasking, Background, GameCenter.
Step 12: Navigate to usr/libexec/ directory then drag & drop gamed file into the directory and set the permission to 755 as shown in the screenshot:
Congratulations, you have successfully installed and enabled Game Center on iPhone 3G, iOS 4.1. We would like to hear any questions by asking in the comment section below.