Tuesday, July 12, 2011

20 New Tones Available in iOS 5 Beta 3 [Updated]

Apple released iOS 5 Beta 3 earlier today, and as usual when a new build is available,
we are tracking down every cool new feature. I just found out about this new one while playing around the Settings app for my iPad.
If you go to Settings > General > Sounds and select “Text Tone,” for example, you will be offered many more tones to choose from. I’m not 100% sure how many of these tones are new. but it seems to me that iOS 5 Beta 3 gives us access to 20 more tones…
Among these tones, there are a few we had already heard before but we couldn’t manually attribute. We can now use all these tones as a ringtone, text tone, new mail tone, sent mail tone, sent tweet, calendar alert, and reminder alert.
  • Anticipate
  • Bloom
  • Calypso
  • Choo Choo
  • Descent
  • Ding (we already knew this one)
  • Fanfare
  • Ladder
  • Minuet
  • News Flash
  • Noir
  • Sherwood Forest (my favorite)
  • Spell
  • Suspense
  • Swoosh (we already knew this one)
  • Telegraph
  • Tiptoes
  • Tweet (this one was available with beta 1)
  • Typewriters
  • Update
Update: So apparently these aren’t new, even though I can’t seem to find track of them on my other iDevices. At any rate, what’s new is that you can assign them to specific alerts.
How do you like these?

No comments :

Post a Comment