Step 2: Update to this latest firmware using the IPSW file you just downloaded via iTunes 10.
Step 3: Launch Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 (download links at the end) and Browse for iOS 4.1 Firmware.
Step 4: Select "Install Cydia" and click on Next
Step 5: Now make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.
Step 6: At this stage you will need to put your iPhone in DFU mode by holding “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins.Step 7: You will Get a Jailbroken Device as soon as the process ends.
Note: If you have an unlocked iPhone 3G with ultrasn0w, you have to stay away from Redsn0w, as it updates your baseband to latest version, which is still unlockable till now.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 [Windows]
Download final version of iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G.
Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 supports:
- iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G only (for now)
- 4.1 or 4.0 firmware from Apple
- If you choose to “Enable battery percentage”, you actually toggle that off and on via Settings->General->Usage.
- IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W UNLOCK, PLEASE WAIT FOR PWNAGETOOL TO SUPPORT 4.1. DO NOT USE REDSN0W.
- That’s because to use redsn0w at 4.1, you need to already have updated to official 4.1 from Apple. If you do that, you lose the ultrasn0w unlock (possibly forever).
- if you have an “MC” model of the ipt2g, your 4.1 jailbreak will be tethered…sorry! (Consider rolling back to a FW supported by jailbreakme.com or spiritjb.com)