As was previously rumored, Apple has released an AirPort Utility app for iOS 5 in the App Store.The app lets you manage and configure the settings of your AirPort router and Time Capsule remotely from a connected iDevice.
AirPort Utility for iOS lets the user see what devices are connected to a home network, manage technical router settings, and remotely update the firmware for an AirPort device…
- Set a graphical overview of your WiFi network
- Get information about your connected devices
- View an change network and WiFi settings
- Restart or restore a base station, or update the firmware on a base station when available
- View or update passwords for your network, base stations and disks
- Easily access network information such as IP address, DNS servers and router addresses
- Manage DHCP reservations and port mappings
- View status or error messages for your base stations
This new utility app works with AirPort base stations, AirPort Express, Extreme and Time Capsules. Download it for free in the App Store on an iOS 5 device.
Apple also released Find My Friends for iOS 5 this morning. iOS 5 itself will drop later today. Stay tuned.