The evad3rs have sure been busy this week. On Monday they releasedversion 1.0 of their jailbreak utility, and on Wednesday they rolled out version 1.1 with fixes for the Weather app and long reboot bugs.
Today, they’ve posted a second update to evasi0n, bringing it to version 1.2. The new update features built-in code to disable future OTA updates on your jailbroken device, and a fix for the timezone issue…
Here are the full change logs from the three evasi0n releases this week:
- Disable OTA updates.
- Correct timezone issue in evasi0n binary if client fails to correct it.
- prevent Weather app from appearing on iPads.
- mitigated the long reboot issue.
- fix issue with not working after connecting multiple iOS devices
- fix blinking of the jailbreak instructions on OS X.
- codesigned Mac app.
- first public release
The new ‘disable OTA’ function in today’s update is actually quite handy, as it will keep you from accidentally agreeing to install an update on your iPhone and possibly killing your jailbreak. And for those experiencing the timezone bug, I’m sure the fix is a welcome addition as well.
Of course, if you are already jailbroken and everything is working fine, there’s really no need to re-jailbreak. But if for some reason you want to, or you just haven’t yet, you can find the latest version of evasi0n on our Downloads page.